I finally got a copy of a knitting book that I've been looking for. It's called "Unusual Toys For You To Knit And Enjoy" by Jess Hutchinson and apparently it's like the Holy freaking Grail or something if you knit and you think you're a hot shot, modern knitter who knits things to be an ironic hipster fucker. I like the patterns in it and I'm currently working on a bear for Samantha's birthday. The colors are pretty hilarious (pink body, white sweater, and baby blue pants) and I love the proportions of the actual toy. That's my biggest problem with most toy patterns, I just don't like the shape but I lack the skills necessary to make my own patterns. I need to work on that because I have some bad ass ideas for some critters.
The bear pretty much resembles a bowling pin at this stage. I like knitting but I'm generally against the fact that I have to sew on limbs/ears/what have you after. I'm just a sloppy finisher and I blow at embroidery. All things to work on in the future I guess. Setting goals, etc etc etc.
I went to the doctor today and got a tentative diagnosis but I'll have to wait and see another doctor in a few months and probably a third in addition to that. Ah, what a pain in me arse.
I move back to the lovely Corcoran housing facility on the 16th, Sam moves back on Wednesday so I could probably move in some things when she's around. I'm actually pretty excited for classes to start on the 20th. I feel like summer has been relaxing but really boring so it'll be nice to be on campus and actually doing things instead of plotting ways to blackmail Ryan Seacrest off the air. I hate that man.
Spatulas.
No comments:
Post a Comment